As you consider building your home, we know of some great local lenders we can recommend you visit to find the one that meets your needs. As your builder, we work together with your lender and the title company during the construction process from start to finish!
Have you purchased land and are ready to build your dream home?
Before Breaking Ground
- Apply for loan pre-qualification
- Send pre-qualification letter to builder
- Connect builder to lender and send building plans and specifications with a home building contract including prices, allowance and fees for property and home construction.
- Lender will work with the title company to set up the release of funds for the builder draws.
As Construction Begins
- Make monthly interest payments to lender on loan.
- Approve change orders if any changes are made in the plans. Keep in mind that any changes made during the construction process may add costs and time delays.
- Inform lender of any contract changes or price adjustments due to changes during the building process.
- Check in with your lender 30-days prior to project completion to get closing set up.
Before Move-In Day
- Provide proof of home owners insurance
- Contact your lender to let them know when you have received your certificate of occupancy. You’ll need to have that in order to move in.
- Complete final inspection five days before final loan disbursement.
- Refinance your construction loan into the end loan product. You will sign a new application discuss terms, update income documents and close on the new loan.
Are you ready to start your journey to home ownership? Contact us today to get started!