Home Building Basics & Features
Home Building Basics
Are you ready to make the leap and build a home perfectly designed to meet your needs? The road ahead will be exciting and rewarding, and it can also be challenging. Let us help you get started with a few tips and ideas.
- Did you fall in love with a home already under construction? With turn-key homes, we as the builder assume financial burden during construction. However, you may need to:
- Show you can obtain financing for the completed home and sign an offer to purchase/contract for the home you want to build.
- Supply a non-refundable down payment to show your commitment to purchasing the home once it’s completed.
Purchasing a lot and want to custom build?
- Secure financing for the land purchase and construction. Not all lenders offer construction loans so you will have to find one that does. (Check out our blog, “Steps to Finance Your Dream Home”)
Know your budget
- The home you build and its location will be dependent on your budget. Make sure to talk to your lender and check your finances prior to buying or building a home.
Create House Plans
- Visit a variety of homes and search online to gather ideas. Make a list of wants and needs.
- Choose and customize a blueprint from our hundreds of blueprints available!
Pick finishes, fixtures and appliances
- This is the fun part! In our home design center you can select many of the finishes for your home including siding, stone, shingles, windows, cabinets, counters, floorings, doors, and more!
- Sometimes the weather, material delivery or conditions can play factors into the schedule of home completion. We usually try to allow extra time to finish up the final details on the home and add in the finishing touches. We can usually build a home in 6 months from time of digging.
Enjoy & Relax! We warranty our work!
- Kick back, relax and enjoy all the hard work and enjoy your new home!
- Rest assured! We offer a 1-year home warranty from the date of closing on our work.
Now that you’ve gotten some tips and ideas under your belt to get started on your home build, take a look at the common home features that can go into your new home.
- 200 AMP electric service
- Underground utility service
Ground Work and Basement
- Full 7’9” Tall Basement Walls
- Basement Egress Window for future 4th Bedroom
- Lawn completed with fine grade, seeded and straw
- Drain tile along perimeter walls with sump pump
Energy Saving Features
- Anderson Windows
- R49 Ceiling Insulation
- Total R-23 Rated Wall Insulation
- 2×6 Exterior Walls
- Plywood Exterior Sheeting with Tyvek Moisture Barrier
- Insulated Exterior Basement Foundation
- Insulated, bolted sill plat to prevent air filtration
- I Joist Floor Joists System
- All Exterior Walls have Tyvek Vapor Barrier
- Firewall between House and Garage
- Water Saver Shower Heads
- Water Saver Toilets
- Insulated Water Heater
- 16’x7’ and 9’x7’ Overhead Garage Doors with Operators and Keyless Entry
- Aluminum Gutter, Downspouts, Soffit and Fascia
- Attached 3 Car Garage
- Reinforced Concrete Floors with Expansion Seams
- Two Frost Proof Hose Bibs
- Three GFI Exterior Electrical Outlets
- Architectural Roof Shingles with Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 95% Energy Efficient York Furnace
- Bryant Air Conditioning System-13 Seer
- 40 gallon A-O Smith Power Vent Water Heater
- Amana Stainless Steel Double Door Refrigerator with Water & Ice Machine and pull out Freezer
- Amana Stainless Steel Gas Range
- Amana Stainless Steel Overhead Microwave
- Amana Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- Whirpool Frontload Washer & Dryer
- 200 Amp Service Panel with Circuit Breakers
- 220 Amp Outlet for Dryer
- Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors per cods
- Radon piping installed in wall and Radon Testing Performed upon closing per our Radon Policy
Interior Features Included
(Upgrades Allowed Per Customer Preference)
- Solid Maple Kitchen & Bath Cabinets
- White Trim & Interior Doors
- Simulate Hardwood Flooring
- Vinyl Flooring in Laundry & Bathrooms
- Carpet in Bedrooms and Stairs
- Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Marble Counters in Bathrooms
- Light Fixture Allowance
- Module Tub and Shower in Bathrooms
- Mirrors and Bathroom Accessories
"They continue to go above and beyond to ensure they exceed our expectations."
"We were privileged to be Becky and Noah’s first customers for their homes in Evansville. Throughout the duration of the process Becky and Noah were extremely responsive and accommodating. We truly felt that they had our best interests at heart and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to build a new home! Even after closing on our new home, they continue to go above and beyond to ensure they exceed our expectations."
~ Lindsey and Jonathan Schalow
"We loved our home buying experience..."
"We loved our home buying experience with Hurley Realty. Very personalized, clear, quick (which we needed) and fun! We highly recommend Becky to anyone looking or selling!"
~ Kate Gustman
"...this is the team you want to choose."
"Whether you are buying, selling, or building this is the team you want to choose. Easy going, prompt, honest, friendly, knowledgeable, great customer service, up to date on all the latest trends & styles, and my list could go on and on. Without a doubt, you are in good hands with Becky and Noah!"
~ Evansville Electric
"...these are people that want to do the best job possible."
"We hired Noah and Becky to build our custom home on our own property. We never regretted it for one moment! They brought so much energy for everything we had in mind."
~ Diana Whalen
"We would absolutely recommend Becky Hurley and Hurley Ranch."
"She [Becky] answered ALL of our questions and helped us make the bittersweet transition of selling our first home easier. Becky is knowledgeable, trustworthy and has great insight into the real estate, agricultural and home building industries."
~ Ashley Schumacher
"Whether you are buying, selling, or building this is the team you want to choose."
"Easy going, prompt, honest, friendly, knowledgeable, great customer service, up to date on all the latest trends & styles, and my list could go on and on. Without a doubt, you are in good hands with Becky and Noah!"
~ April Vannoy Kundert
"We couldn't ask for a better realtor."
"For all the craziness that surrounds buying and selling a home, Becky made this home buying experience an extraordinary one because of her work ethic and professionalism. Becky was always prompt in answering our numerous questions and would be willing to show us a home at a moments notice."
~ Adam Wamsley
"We couldn't be happier with our new home..."
"Noah and Becky are great to work with! They were very responsive and helpful to us as we navigated the process of building a home for the first time. We couldn't be happier with our new home and with how seamless they made the process for us!"
~ Kelsea Abendroth
"Awesome, amazing staff, they really worked hard to make our house perfect and exactly how we wanted it. Thank you guys so much!"
~ Brittany P